- Home - ClinicalTrials.gov
- Internal Revenue Service An official website of the ...
- Home Page AirNow.gov
- Official Guide to Government Information and ... - USA.gov
- The United States Social Security Administration
- Home RRB.Gov
- VA.gov Home Veterans Affairs
- A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and ... - USA.gov
Q&A: Unemployment and Sickness Benefits This edition of our questions and answers series describes the unemployment and sickness benefits provided to railroad employees, their eligibility requirements, and how to claim them. A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States. Secure .gov websites use HTTPS A lock ( A locked padlock) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. Español MENU ... ClinicalTrials.gov is a resource provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine. IMPORTANT: Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government.Read our disclaimer for details.. Before participating in a study, talk to your health care provider and learn about the risks and potential benefits. A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States. Secure .gov websites use HTTPS A lock ( A locked padlock) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. Español MENU. Main Navigation. Close. Search Search ... Official site of Affordable Care Act. Enroll now for 2020 coverage. See health coverage choices, ways to save today, how law affects you. AirNow and the U.S. Forest Service have launched a pilot project to show data from low-cost sensors on the Fire and Smoke Map. The goal of the project is to provide additional air quality information during wildfires – especially in areas with no AirNow monitors. The Social Security Administration announced a new service for people awaiting a hearing decision. In addition to telephone hearings, Social Security will offer the opportunity for an online video hearing ... Other 1040 Schedules Information About the Other Schedules Filed With Form 1040 The .gov means it’s official. Federal government websites often end in .gov or .mil. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you're on a federal government site. The site is secure. The https:// ensures that you're connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and sent securely. ... Recreation.gov is your gateway to explore America's outdoor and cultural destinations in your zip code and across the country. We provide tools and tips to discover new adventures through a one-stop shop for inspiration and ideation, trip planning, information sharing, and reservations.
GOV BALL TALK
2013.01.25 20:48 MJsdanglebaby GOV BALL TALK
A sub-reddit for the annual Governor's Ball music festival which takes place on Randall Island in New York City in early June. What will YOU wear to the ball this year?
2013.08.21 03:33 A community for students to prepare for AP Tests and get college credit
No matter what course you are taking, we are a community that helps students earn college credit! **The subreddit will be closed during makeup testing dates**.
2007.08.06 07:16 spez Politics
/Politics is for news and discussion about U.S. politics.
2020.09.25 08:24 owenshen24 Gov proposal now live on Discourse
Hey everyone, thanks to a generous community member, we now have a hosted instance of Discourse, which is used by many other projects as a governance forum.
I know it's a bit of a hassle, but I think it'd be great if we could move all discussion there and have it be the
place for proposals.
The link is here
submitted by owenshen24
to yfbeta [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 08:17 niuz-bot Sondaj: Barack și Michelle Obama, cele mai admirate personalități din lume - [Analize]
submitted by niuz-bot
to niuz [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 08:06 sparkle06star Do Bethenny fans find her to be self-centered or think that is part of her "charm"?
I'll start by admitting that I, off top, don't vibe with Bethenny anymore. Similar to Kanye, I want the "old B" back -- I used to be a superfan but feel that she's changed substantially over the years. I also realize that it's unfair of me to want a person to stay the same forever, but I just don't find her personality and the way she engages people enjoyable to watch.
So, I want to ask a genuine question to Bethenny fans, not to be snarky but to try to understand why so many find her "untouchable". If you watched WWHL last night, did you find B to be self-centered and a bit annoying? She seems like she has to be the center of attention at all times. It's one thing to still like her DESPITE that, but I find that a lot of people regularly excuse her behavior while they would criticize another housewife who behaved in the same way. Do people think the season would have been better with her? Yes, she can be a voice of reason but she does it by brute force; she yells and screams at people and embarrasses them, and often it's not constructive -- it's destructive.
Here's a few things from WWHL that rubbed me the wrong way.
-Andy asked her "what's the first thing you'd ask Gov. Cuomo in an interview?" and she said "Did you know we did 20M in PPE? That's kind of gangster." Strong Dana Pam vibes ("Did you know? 20M in PPE?") Mad props to her for mobilizing but governors have spent the last 6 months dealing with once-in-a-generatiom crises and THAT'S the first thing that comes to mind?
-Andy asked her about her opinion of Leah and she responded "She seems to be effective. Congrats, she was my parting gift to you." I found this incredibly passive aggressive -- she couldn't even be gracious and say "Serms like she had a great first season, kadooz to her!" and keep it moving?
-More self-congratulations for referring Leah, followed by "I also referred many African American women!" Again -- came off as super self-serving, and like when Trump claims he's done more for Black people than any president other than Lincoln. If you were really bout it, you wouldn't have to advertise it. There would be a black person on the show as a HW, or you would have brought at least one non-white woman on the show as a friend of or even a damn guest at a dinner party. Doesn't seem like she has a single BW in her social circle and has never publicly advocated for diversity on the show before the last few months. That could be defensible because nobody on the show has, but her referencing her black referrals felt like she was exploiting the moment for her own gain when she doesn't "live the lifestyle" as our fave Teddi would say.
There were like 4-5 other things I could add but I'll wrap there and throw it to y'all for your opinions! I'll be the first to admit I still watch her because I find her to be more entertaining that 75% of the other HWs, but I don't feel good about myself after I do.
submitted by sparkle06star
to BravoRealHousewives [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 08:02 rezomas27 Chance a white male for CS at UCs and safeties
- White male
- Upper class
- California resident
GPA : 4.41 W, 3.88 UW
- Didnt get the chance to take SAT or ACT
APs : - AP Euro history (4) - AP Comp lang (3) - AP CS A (4) - APUSH (4) - AP Physics 1 (4)
Currently taking : - AP GOV - AP CALC AB - APES - Advanced compurter science (not AP but thought i should add)
ECs : - Founded card club at my school - AVID tutor - Volunteer as a mentor for middle schoolers - Cub where you hangout with special needs kids - Babysitted - Lacrosse all four years
Chance me for : - UCSB, UCLA, UCSD - Cal poly SLO - UMich OOS - Northeastern OOS - UW- madison OOS - UW- seattle OOS
Wondering if these safeties are safe enough or if I should add a few more - Boulder OOS - LMU - SDSU
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
submitted by rezomas27
to chanceme [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 07:51 minyong_redditer Overprotective Mom Keeps Making Choices for Me Bc Im A "Minor"
Lately I've been having to deal with my overprotective mother. As I get older I realise the more and more shit she normalised for me isn't actually normal. The thing that really made me think about all this shit again is when we were watching a video about a dog cuddling a baby and she tells me she never let our dogs play with us pretty innocently. She was always scared the dog would just randomly bite us. And I'm sitting there just REALLY confused how a baby aggravates a tamed dog like that.
Besides that, I have a few main issues with her.
1) I am 16, I've been able to make my own decisions for a while, so I asked my mother to allow me to get my drivers' license. I was 15 and 6 months when I first brought up me finishing up driver's ed. She gave me some bullshit answer about finding something official and I waited until 8-9 months to get it done.
At first, she looks up drivers ed on her phone and tells me to choose the site that is "government approved." Like bitch they're ALL most likely gov approved if they can give me the the certificate of completion?? So she's like "you're old enough, go find it yourself." So eventually I just give her a website but she asks me where it says gov approved, and lucky for me I don't know where it explicitly says gov. approved. Since she's being stubborn she just tells me to print out information. Vague right? So I'm just gonna print out every fucking page of a website in hopes she reads it all? No! So after a bunch of arguing my mother finally searches up drivers ed on her phone again and SHOWS me the website that is "government approved."
Turns out she's still on the google search page, the "gov approved" part is just in the DESCRIPTION. (You know how you can scroll down results? yeah it just says gov approved in the desc) As soon as I get my certificate of completion in the mail, corona hits.
So I'm 16 and 2 months and I finally get the willpower to scour the DMV website even though it's not accepting new applications. (even if it were, there was NO ONE to tell me otherwise, I'm not gonna wait for any of my other cali friends to scour the website and tell me that you could make appointments under certain exceptions) So the only "exception" for finally getting my permit was just getting.... a permit? A state license? A "REAL" ID as the site called it? Whatever it was it also allowed me to select an option for getting a drivers permit? I think? So after filling that out I can an ID for my appointment. But wait! the DMV has no appointments? You're right, I have to stand in line at the DMV early in the morning for around TWO hours to be seen. What's the problem with that? My mom will NOT let me skip my one zoom class of the day just for this, and weekdays are less busy than weekends. I think my only chance to go was labour day but nooo my dad visited early and we got our passports renewed, fantastic!
So my modern day problem is just talking to my mom about when I can drive. She tells me she will NOT teach me how to drive once I get my permit, and thanks to covid I doubt professional driving teachers are in business at the moment, plus the extra money for professional lessons is just a waste, I'd rather deal with my mom just to get the basics of driving than not drive at all. And then she keeps saying that even with a license (government approval to drive right?) she'll just say "no" to me driving. "Hey mom I'm going to the grocery store" "no you're not." The only specific age she wants me driving is around 19 because that's when I get her approval to drive, even though I already have a license.
submitted by minyong_redditer
to Vent [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 07:49 KrisMa1994 Recto Calls on Gov't to Stop Foreign Trolls from Tainting 2022 Polls
2020.09.25 07:43 AutoNewsAdmin [PH] - Drilon warns gov’t not to brush aside US bill seeking halt to US military aid to PH
submitted by AutoNewsAdmin to MBauto [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 07:05 greyuniwave Nutritional Organizations critical of the vegan diet
Swiss Federal Commission for Nutrition https://www.blv.admin.ch/dam/blv/en/dokumente/das-blv/organisation/kommissionen/eek/vor-und-nachteile-vegane-ernaehrung/vegan-report-final.pdf.download.pdf/vegan-report-final.pdf
European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition (ESPGHAN) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28027215/
- The positive effects of a vegan diet on health determinants cannot be proven, but there are relevant risks regarding nutritional deficiencies. Children and pregnant women are advised against adopting a vegan diet due to the risks described above.
- There is still a lack of data whether the basic nutritional requirements are met and whether the development of children and adolescents fed on a vegan diet is secured on a long-term perspective. These data should be collected and analyzed more systematically. There is in our view up to now no evidence that a vegan diet can be recommended for these age groups
- Based on these data, there is no evidence for the position stated in the previous report, that vegan diets are healthy diets.
- The scientific evidence available to date is not sufficient to claim that vegan and vegetarian diets are associated with a significant reduction of total mortality
- The reduction in IHD and all-cause mortality with vegetarian diet stems mainly from the Adventist studies, and there is much less convincing evidence from studies conducted in other populations.
German Nutrition Society (DGE) https://www.ernaehrungs-umschau.de/fileadmin/Ernaehrungs-Umschau/pdfs/pdf_2016/04_16/EU04_2016_Special_DGE_eng_final.pdf
- Vegan diets should only be used under appropriate medical or dietetic supervision to ensure that the infant receives a sufficient supply of vitamin B12, vitamin D, iron, zinc, folate, n-3 LCPUFA, protein, and calcium, and that the diet is sufficiently nutrient and energy dense. Parents should understand the serious consequences of failing to follow advice regarding supplementation of the diet.
- Although theoretically a vegan diet can meet nutrient requirements when mother and infant follow medical and dietary advice regarding supplementation, the risks of failing to follow advice are severe, including irreversible cognitive damage from vitamin B12 deficiency, and death.
French Pediatric Hepatology/Gastroenterology/Nutrition Group https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31615715
- Any diet that does not lead to the intake of adequate levels of essential nutrients and energy is unfavourable. The DGE recommends a diet that includes all groups of foods in the nutrition circle - including animal products.
- Special care is needed for groups with special requirements for nutrient supply, e.g. pregnant women, lactating women, infants and toddlers.
- On a vegan diet, it is difficult or impossible to ensure adequate supply of some nutrients. The most critical nutrient is vitamin B12. Other potentially critical nutrients on a vegan diet include protein resp. indispensable amino acids and long-chain n-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA), other vitamins (riboflavin, vitamin D) and minerals (calcium, iron, iodine, zinc and selenium).
- With some nutrients, a vegan diet without fortified foods or dietary supplements leads to inadequate intake, which may have considerable unfavourable consequences for health.
- The risk of nutrient under-supply or a nutritional deficiency is greater in persons in sensitive phases of life, such as pregnancy, lactation and in infants, children and adolescents taking or being given a vegan diet, than in healthy adults on a vegan diet.
- Since rejecting any animal foods increases the risk of nutrient deficiencies and thus of health disorders, a vegan diet is not recommended by the DGE during pregnancy or lactation, or for children or adolescents of any age.
Sundhedsstyrelsen (Danish Health Authority) https://www.sst.dk/da/udgivelse2018/~/media/2986643F11A44FA18595511799032F85.ashx
- The current craze for vegan diets has an effect on the pediatric population. This type of diet, which does not provide all the micronutrient requirements, exposes children to nutritional deficiencies. These can have serious consequences, especially when this diet is introduced at an early age, a period of significant growth and neurological development.
- Even if deficiencies have less impact on older children and adolescents, they are not uncommon and consequently should also be prevented. Regular dietary monitoring is essential, vitamin B12 and vitamin D supplementation is always necessary, while iron, calcium, docosahexaenoic acid, and zinc should be supplemented on a case-by-case basis.
Académie Royale de Médecine de Belgique (Royal Academy of Medicine of Belgium) https://updlf-asbl.be/assets/uploads/ARMB_-_Veganisme_AVIS_COMPLET.pdf
- Exclusively vegan nutrition for infants and young children (under 2 years of age) is not recommended as it may be very difficult to meet the child's nutritional needs during the first years of life with this diet.
Spanish Paediatric Association https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31866234
- The committee considers that the vegan diet is inappropriate and therefore not recommended for unborn children, children and adolescents, as well as pregnant and lactating women.
- Compulsory supplementation, metabolic imbalances and the obligation of medical follow-up, including blood sampling, are therefore not eligible.
Argentinian Hospital Nacional de Pediatría SAMIC https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31339288
- A vegetarian or a vegan diet, as in any other kind of diet, needs to be carefully designed. After reviewing current evidence, even though following a vegetarian diet at any age does not necessarily mean it is unsafe, it is advisable for infant and young children to follow an omnivorous diet or, at least, an ovo-lacto-vegetarian diet.
The Dutch national nutritional institute, Stichting Voedingscentrum Nederland https://www.voedingscentrum.nl/Assets/Uploads/voedingscentrum/Documents/Ontwerp_Vegetarisch%20en%20veganistisch%20eten_defLR_2018.pdf
- Vitamin B12 deficiency is one of the most serious complications of vegetarianism and its variants. Infants born to vegan mothers are at greater risk of serious deficiency, being more vulnerable to their effects. B12 deficiency is not usually suspected by the pediatrician in healthy infants with neurological symptoms
thanks to u/CLOUDY-LIZARD for putting this together
- A vegan diet can be adequate but increases the risk for various deficiencies. The report then describes the various risks of deficiencies and how they can be circumvented.
- A vegan diet for children can be adequate but is associated with an increased risk of: being smaller and lighter than their peers, worse psycho-motor development and reduced bone density. Help from a professional is advisable.
- The literature on the effects of a vegan diet on pregnant women is limited, but the available research indicates that a healthy pregnancy in combination with a vegan diet is possible, under the precondition that the women pay special attention to maintaining a balanced diet.
submitted by greyuniwave
to antivegansources [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 07:04 FlashkickSevenAndSix What "entrapment" really means
I thought I'd post this here so ya'll know exactly what entrapment is. Cobra has continued to use the term in an extremely pathetic attempt to shift the blame from himself and his disgusting compulsion to jerk off on camera to random women to the women he's jerking off to. He's really leaned hard on being entrapped...maybe he should google it. https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm/criminal-resource-manual-645-entrapment-elements
TL;DR: Entrapment isn't when someone lies to you about their age to get you to jerk off to them on Facebook so they can shame you.
submitted by FlashkickSevenAndSix
to kingcobrajfs [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 07:01 dokina How can I print an envelope?
Someone posted this link
in a thread yesterday that says you can send your election ballots to the embassy in Seoul, and they will send them to the US but you need US postage. So, I want to print a pre-paid US postage envelope to send back to the US for the election, however I don't have a printer of my own and I'm not sure how to ask the print shop 아저씨 to print it for me. Can I just print the paper like normal? Or is there a special method?
The post office quoted me over 20,000원 through EMS service due to limited amount of planes due to Corona for a tiny ass envelope 💀
submitted by dokina
to korea [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 06:55 -en- @NPR: California Gov. Gavin Newsom: “I don’t know who the Trump administration is doing bidding for, but they’re really, really, almost troglodytes in terms of their approach to climate and to the economy and where we’re going as a nation.” https://t.co/LKxSKYtnf5
2020.09.25 06:47 AutoNewspaperAdmin [Op-Ed] - Gov't and Military Are in Dereliction of Duty Chosun Ilbo
2020.09.25 06:43 articlesarestupid Proposed rule for restricting duration of stay for nonimmigrant visa? (F,J, I)
yesterday with following points.
- Limit the duration of stay up to the date of program, not to exceed 4 years.
- Reduce the "grace period" down to 30 days.
- Reducing I-visa duration of stay to 240 days.
My questions are: will this ever pass?
submitted by articlesarestupid
to USCIS [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 06:39 AutoNewspaperAdmin [Video] - NY Gov. Cuomo threatens to review any FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine FOX
2020.09.25 06:37 AutoNewsAdmin [Op-Ed] - Gov't and Military Are in Dereliction of Duty
2020.09.25 06:34 AutoNewsAdmin [Video] - NY Gov. Cuomo threatens to review any FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine
2020.09.25 06:33 ArrowRobber GHB - understanding the psychonauts wiki?
The part of the GHB article
that is important to me, I'm having trouble understanding:
"This means that while low concentrations stimulate dopamine release via the GHB receptor,16
higher concentrations inhibit dopamine release via GABA-B receptors.17
Because the studies 16
arn't precisely layman friendly. I feel the quoted sentences themselves are rather straightforward but I can't discuss their associated studies which I'm likely to be pulled into an argument over.
Alternate studies that make it clear how the higher concentrations of GHB have the sedative effect (linked to the GABA-B receptor?) would help immensely.
submitted by ArrowRobber
to Drugs [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 06:30 Leesapo https://www.quarantineinquiry.vic.gov.au/
submitted by Leesapo
to u/Leesapo [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 06:22 VeritasEngineer [US Election] Register to vote by October 9th!
Voting in Tompkins County
Hey everyone, our hope is that everyone in the subreddit that is eligible to vote does so. This post has information for voting in Tompkins County for the upcoming election. If you are planning to vote somewhere else then go to your county's board of elections website as the deadlines and steps will be different.
Step 1: Register to vote. Deadline: October 9th.
This applies to anyone that is not registered or needs to update their voting address. Detailed instructions for voter registration are here
Briefly, if you have a New York Driver's License you can register online
, otherwise you need to complete a registration form
and mail or drop off to:
Tompkins County Board of Elections
128 E Buffalo St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
Step 2: Request absentee ballot (required if you plan to vote by mail). Deadline: October 27th.
If you would like to vote by mail in this election you must request an absentee ballot. Once you are registered to vote you can request an absentee ballot here
Step 3: Make your plan to VOTE on November 3rd.
- If voting by mail/absentee: Your ballot must be postmarked by Nov. 3rd and received by Nov. 10th. Follow the ballot instructions and don't forget to sign in the appropriate location. Don't wait until the deadline, you should mail it in earlier if you are able to.
- If voting in-person early: Tompkins County registered voters are able to vote at Ithaca Town Hall or Crash Fire Rescue between Oct. 24th and Nov. 1st. Please check here for the address and hours of early voting.
- If voting in-person normally: Check here for your polling location. Polls will be open from 6 AM to 9 PM.
Step 4: Get out the vote.
- Talk to your family and friends to make sure sure they are registered and planning to vote.
- If you don't have classes on Election Day (Nov 3rd) or are otherwise free, consider becoming a poll worker. Information here.
- Research the candidates. Besides the presidential election there are other state and local positions which often have a greater day-to-day impact on you and your community.
submitted by VeritasEngineer
to Cornell [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 06:20 BrainstormBot 🌎 Scotia Sea: Earthquake (5.3 Mb, at 03:56 UTC, from earthquake.usgs.gov)
🌖 Sismo! 5.3 Mb, registered by US, 2020-09-25 03:56:01 UTC (gibbous moon), Scotia Sea (-57.19, -40.73), ↓12 km likely felt 170 km away (earthquake.usgs.gov) 2020-09-25T04:20:30Z
submitted by BrainstormBot
to Temblores [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 06:09 AutoModerator DAILY COVID-19 MEGATHREAD - September 25, 2020
All Coronavirus (COVID-19) links, discussions and related pics belong in this thread.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in NYC, please visit: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home
Questions? Call the COVID-19 Hotline: 1-888-364-3065 or Ask a Question here
If you are witnessing price gouging on items like cleaning supplies, toilet paper or soap, please call the New York State Department of Consumer Protection. They have launched a toll-free hotline 1-800-697-1220 and will investigate reports of unfair price increases amid the novel coronavirus outbreak. You can also file a complaint online at https://www.dos.ny.gov/consumerprotection/form/ComplaintForm1.asp
To report a scam or other consumer problem related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please click here
Essential services that are allowed to remain open: Click here
For more information about COVID-19 and country-specific travel restrictions, please visit the CDC website
The New York Blood Center Enterprises (NYBCe) strongly urges individuals who feel healthy and well to make an appointment at a donor center or blood drive to give blood, platelets and plasma. Walk-ins are also welcome. For more information, visit: https://nybloodcenter.org/donate-blood/covid-19-and-blood-donation-copy/
If you have a suggestion on how to improve this Daily Megathread, please send the team a message
To see COVID-19 Megathread Discussions from previous days, please click here
submitted by AutoModerator
to nyc [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 06:09 a_judgedSheep What's the American Dream?
Hey guys, I have this assignment for my Gov class and I was wondering if any of you would be interested in filling out this survey?
Its not very long (7 questions)
Even though it would help me with my work, I'm really just curious what other teenagers think about the American dream.
This is the Google Forms
(FYI this is my first post here and I'm not 100% sure if this is breaking a rule or not, sorry)
submitted by a_judgedSheep
to teenagers [link] [comments]
Home - ClinicalTrials.gov